Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Halfway Point

I am halfway through my respite stint with my girlies; utterly exhausted, but still having a good time. The grandma offered to do the overnight with P tonight so that I could get a good night sleep, and as I thought about this throughout the day, the more it sounded like a good idea. So after I am done catching up on e-mail, Facebook, blog, etc., I will be getting into PJs and cozying under a blanket with a book until my eyes cross; then I shall sleep like I have never slept before!

I have always known that families appreciate the care their respite providers put in. When I tidy the kitchen, or bathe the girls, I am always thinking, "they've had such a busy day; I know they will appreciate this." Now, being on the other side, I know it that much more intensely!

The girls are still happy, even if they are slightly off-schedule sleep-wise, food-wise, etc. Today, S and I took a special car ride to my place to visit my cats and water the plants (and for me to make sure the place was still cool--it's been warm out). My cats are now well-fed, well-cuddled, and slightly traumatized. They're not that overly fond of children. Princess puts up with it; Akira hides out under the bed and hisses at all passers by, child or not. I am hoping the copious amount of soft food I left them will make up for it.

Tomorrow, assuming my sleep is restful, I will be taking the girls--by myself--to the nearest wading pool-equipped playground. If I'm still feeling not-so-energetic, the playground across the street from their house will suffice. And Saturday, the other aide will be coming and we will go to Millennium Place! Woo-hoo, swimming! This will be a good end to the week, I think.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Hello my Sweet Darling! Please don't let this experience put you off having my grandchildren! LOL!

I've spent the day looking at Central Alberta real estate, and may have found just what I am looking for. On our rounds, the realtor and I met a cutie kitten -- an Akira clone! Hugs to you and *all* the babies!

Love,

Sara said...

How was your sleep? Sounds fabulous! We have been so busy, and Jaina still isn't sleeping that great (I shouldn't complain much though), so I am tired too! Sorry I haven't called you yet. This has been one crazy week! (Just lots of stuff planned) Hopefully this next one will be calmer...