Saturday, March 14, 2009

March-ing Along

Almost half way through March, and Spring is finally starting to peek its head out from under the blankets (that would be blankets of snow, btw). It has been in the 'just above zero' range for the last few days, now, and how wonderful that has felt! Walking around in a spring jacket (or no jacket), being able to keep the patio door open, warm sun upon my face...!

It is supposed to dip down to about -10C for a couple days next week, but I think it's fairly safe to say that we are finished with the deep freeze business. I went skating briefly today, and much of the rink was 'soft'; I'm pretty sure I can pack my skates away until next winter. This, of course, means that it's time to break out the bike! It's due for a major tune-up, which I think I will do over Spring Break, and then hopefully I will be able to start riding in April. Funny to think that my first bike ride last year was in April (actually, there was one day last February, but that was a fluke more than anything); April is only a few weeks away, and there's still so much snow! It is Alberta, though; anything could happen. Just hopefully not -30...

No comments: