Thursday, June 11, 2009

Seriously.

So, when I was out getting groceries the other day, I picked up a bottle of melatonin (trying to get my sleep cycle back on track; see previous post). I have seen melatonin in pill, liquid, and thin strip form. Generally in little containers. And of course, when I bought a bottle of the pill kind, and it said 90 tablets, I didn't think twice about the size of the container. I never do. And while I know that pill containers are like potato chip bags--there's always more air than product--I really felt this one took the cake.

This picture still doesn't quite capture the discrepancy--there's only one more 'layer' of pills underneath when you see. It was ridiculous. The bottle could have been half the size and still accommodated just as many pills. What a waste of packaging. Hopefully I won't lose any sleep over it.

No comments: