Sunday, July 5, 2009

Summer Sunday Sun

With nothing on the agenda this weekend, I wanted to take advantage of the summer sun. Yesterday proved to be a challenge, though, as it was mostly cloudy, punctuated with mere 5-minute bursts of sunshine every now and again. Also punctuated with 5-minute bursts of rain. It was quite the odd Saturday. There was a solid half hour where Princess and I both basked in the sun (her eating grass, me reading a book), but that was it. I raised my white flag at about 4pm that afternoon, and cozied on the couch with my book instead before heading to Jennifer's to watch a movie.

Today, however, was quite sunny out all day, so knowing that the forecast predicts rain for the next three days, I decided to take advantage of what I was being given. After church, Princess and I spent about half an hour outside before even I thought it was a bit too warm to just be sitting still. So I tucked the cat inside, brought my bike outside, and went for a lazy meandering ride in my neighbourhood. I am mere blocks from Ada Boulevard, a street that lines the north side of the river valley in Edmonton. Gorgeous houses, gorgeous view (if you don't look too far east to the refineries), and a nice quiet ride. I rode clear from one end of Ada to the other, and then rested on a bench for a bit to just admire the view. This city really does have quite a bit of beauty to it.

No comments: