Saturday, October 30, 2010

I'm Home!

It feels like forever since I've last updated the blog, but I feel like moving into a house is a justifiable excuse. The days leading up to the move involved cleaning, packing, taking care of final legal details, and renovating the bedroom within hours of gaining possession. And while I have now been living in my house a full week, I only just regained the internet a couple of days ago. But I am here!

The move went really well. I have an amazing community of friends who all pitched in throughout the day. By mid-afternoon we had actually finished moving things in and had begun some unpacking. I have been continuing the task throughout the week in the evenings, and am now almost entirely out of boxes. There are some things I am waiting on until next weekend, mind you, when the new carpet goes in throughout the house. No point putting all the books onto bookshelves if I then have to move the bookshelves out of the room.

I love my house (granted, I have yet to receive my first heating bill). I absolutely love coming home after work! ...Not that I didn't like going home after work when I lived in my condo. But the feeling is different. I can't really describe it. I guess it has to do with the fact that, even though my condo was mine, it wasn't fully my personal little space. My house exudes Gina-ness. My condo suite did, too, but then the guy next door would turn the bass up on his stereo. Or someone would drop something upstairs. Or someone would run down the hall. Those external little things still impacted how much my space felt like mine. And I don't think I fully realized that until I got here. This space is all mine. Inside and out. And is therefore all me (and what's not yet will soon be).

I love my house. And I think it loves me back!

No comments: