Wednesday, December 21, 2011

143/365

143/365 by gina.blankAnother Christmas childhood memory...

I don't know what the scent actually is, but this candle smells like Christmas. At any other time of the year, I would probably never buy or light a candle with this fragrance. I think it is a medley of something like pine, citrus, and possibly ginger. But at Christmastime... I cannot help but open up the little tin and take in the fragrance on a semi-regular basis.

This little tin of wax has been part of the Christmas decor at my house since I can remember. I even have vague memories of when the wick still existed, and it would get lit for short periods of time on the side table next to the couch.

As I've sat here blogging for the last ten minutes, I have opened up this little tin at least a dozen times, trying to place what it is about the scent that absolutely intoxicates me. Is it the freshness? Is it the overall Christmas association? I don't even know if it's mine, but I know that it was important enough to take from my parents' house when I started living on my own to ensure that I still had it around at Christmas.

I'm glad the tin has a lid, otherwise I'm sure the scent would be long gone by now.

Christmas... you smell so good.

No comments: