Monday, April 30, 2012

273/365

In my photo putterings yesterday, I discovered scanography. Like Zentangling, the practice is not entirely new; someone has simply found a way to clean it up a bit and call it an art form. But I think it's brilliant. Who hasn't--at least once in their youth--photocopied their hands, keys, jewellery, or face? ...Have you ever tried it in a scanner? ...It's kinda fun!

273/365
After looking at other people's work on Flickr yesterday, I decided to try it myself this afternoon. I really like how it turned out. There is a very soft effect created in whatever's not directly touching the glass. Combined with the fact that it's generally best to keep your eyes closed (although some people don't!?), a very tranquil feeling comes out of the image.

I can't believe it took me 273 days to discover this.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Love the effect -- but you definite have to keep your eyes closed against that scanning light, eh? And with the location of my scanner (near the floor)...could be a challenge!

Sara said...

Wow, I've never heard of this. Very interesting!!