Monday, July 23, 2012

341/365


Foliage and Flowers by gina.blank
We have landed in Victoria! After getting the rental vehicles sorted and organized, we thought it would be nice to stop for a late lunch and tour of The Butchart Gardens before embarking on the two-hour drive to our condo in Qualicum.

The gardens were a-MAZ-ing! Freshness and vibrant colours everywhere. I can't even imagine the meticulous planning that went into the creation of the grounds, nor the level of maintenance required to keep it manicured and gorgeous. Still, every flower and green shrubbery looks like it just bloomed naturally where it was. The transition from one garden to another was virtually seamless.

I especially enjoyed the columns of sweet peas. Their fragrance was noticeable before you even approached them. It was all I could do not to climb in and permanently wrap myself in their scent!

Tiny Yellow Stars by gina.blank


Each flower was so unique! There were many I was familiar with, on some level, and others I had never seen the likes of before. Even the greenery was amazing. Leaves in a variety of sizes, shapes, and textures. Everything surrounding you was just so fresh and alive! 


I think one could take an entire day to marvel at these more delicate of God's creations. Still, the afternoon we spent there was thoroughly satisfying to the senses!
341/365 by gina.blank

No comments: